The Jungle Book - Tools and Workflows Development.
Realistic Procedural Fur-Water Interaction.
Here’s a collection of my my work on Disney’s The Jungle Book.
- Supervising all the Houdini tasks for Creature FX for The Jungle Book and making sure
all the tools functioned correctly and all the shots went on without any technical issues.
- Most of my work on the show involved developing entire suite of Fur tools
in Houdini for realistic and Procedural Fur-Water interaction.
- Developing Force occlusion models which create realistic occlusion details for
simulations. These were used extensively across the creature fx shots to achieve
self-occlusion effects for fur on characters.
- Developing wind models equipped with these occlusion models.
- Developing wire solver tools which could then be used by the Creature FX team in Maya
via Houdini Engine.
- In addition, I was also responsible for developing and wrapping houdini digital assets
which could then be used in Maya via Houdini Engine.
- Setting up Katana template scenes for quick render tests and approvals.